The following are eligibility requirements for consideration in approving an applicant for tenancy.
- The application must be fully completed and signed by each person who is 18 years of age or older. Each person over 18 years residing in the apartment, even if they will not be contributing financially, must complete a credit and/or background check and submit a non-refundable fee of $25 (payable on-line or by cashier’s check or money order only in person). All applicants must submit a photo ID and pay stubs from the most recent month to the management office.
- Minimum income requirements: one-bedroom, total gross monthly income of $2,600; two-bedrooms, total gross monthly income of $2,800. Applicants must have a 575 or higher credit score, no more than 3 items in collections (excluding medical), no evictions in the past 5 years and no open bankruptcies.
- Management will consider whether the applicant has had a satisfactory history of meeting financial obligations, including timely payment of rent, outstanding judgments or history of late payment of bills.
- History along with previous landlord’s recommendations must be approved. Management will consider whether the applicant or any person living in the apartment has a history of disturbing neighbors, destroying property or has exhibited living habits at a prior residence which could adversely affect the health, safety or quiet enjoyment of other residents.
- The unit applied for must have enough bedroom space to accommodate the applicant’s household. Management will consider all applicable housing codes to determine the number of persons a unit will hold.
- Management will automatically deny any applicant or any person who will live in the unit who has been convicted of a felony, serious misdemeanor, or is a sex offender.
- Security deposit amount is determined based on credit; minimum security deposit amount is equal to one month’s rent. Additional fees are required if applicant has or acquires a pet (two maximum) during their occupancy. An additional $300 pet deposit is required for one pet ($200 for second pet). The monthly pet charge is $25 per pet. All pets must be approved by management before they are allowed in the unit, some breed restrictions apply.
- Utilities: Heat is included. Resident pays for electricity through ComEd (1-800-334-7661). Residents pay for water; a fee of $20 per person, per month (a maximum of $60).
- Laundry: card operated laundry facilities are located in each building.
- Insurance: All residents must have renter’s insurance for the term of their lease and provide a current certification prior to move in.